Chrome Extensions for Teachers
Found within the Chrome Web Store are these gems sure to make life a little easier. Here are my top 10. If you’d like to know more or be shown how these tools work, book me!
- Grammarly- Spell check and grammar check as you type anywhere online. Boost your credibility everywhere you write!
- OneTab- If you’re like me you have about 15 tabs open on your computer at any given time. By clicking the OneTab icon, it will bring all open tabs into one tab with a list of links within. You can also undo this and restore all tabs with one click.
- Awesome Screenshot- More than it sounds. Screen capture any part of a page. Add annotations, comments, blur sensitive info, and share with one-click uploads. Alternative to Skitch.
- Page Marker- Draw or highlight directly on any website in real time without having to take a screenshot. Great for drawing attention to details as they appear on the screen for students.
- goo.gl URL Shortener-Shorten a long URL with one click, share it by link or a pre-generated QR code. It will also keep track of the number of times the URL is used.
- Socrative (available for both Teacher and Student)-Quickly access your Socrative account for bellringers, exit tickets and other formative assessments.
- Screencastify-Simple video screen capture software for Chrome. Works like Screencast-o-Matic with the simplicity of one click.
- Kaizena-Provide students with audio comments. Save frequently used comments for use with multiple students and save time while grading papers.
- Turn Off the Lights-The entire page will fade to dark as you watch videos as if you were in the cinema. A perfect way to utilize YouTube when you need to use it in the classroom.
- Readability-This is an extension that zaps clutter and shows web articles without all of the ads so it can be read easily. Choose to save it or even send it to Kindle.
Save yourself some time and work more efficiently!